Mar 26, 2021
Secure Custody Solutions for the Casper Network: March 23, 2021 Community Call
On the weekly community call held on March 23, we had Joseph W. Bruzzesi from BitGo as our guest. He was joined by Medha Parlikar, Ashok Ranadive, and Ed Hasting from CasperLabs, to discuss the recent partnership between Casper and BitGo.
Discussing the partnership between Casper Network and BitGo in custody solutions and its implication for enterprises - March 23, 2021.
On the March 23 weekly community call, we had Joseph W. Bruzzesi from BitGo to discuss our recent partnership to build secure custody solutions for enterprises. Joining from CasperLabs was our CTO Medha Parlikar, Head of Professional Services Ashok Ranadive, and Engineering Manager Ed Hasting.
During the call, the group discussed Casper Network’s integration with BitGo’s custody solution, and CasperLabs’ CTO Medha Parlikar presented an update on the development status of the Casper network and shared the Mainnet Launch plans, as well as fielded questions from the community.
Here are the highlights from the call recording:
- Ed Hasting introduces himself and gives a brief on his background.
- Joseph W. Bruzzesi from BitGo introduces himself to the community.
- Joseph W. Bruzzesi presents BitGo, why it’s a leader in custody solutions and its implication for enterprises.
- Ed Hastings explains Casper Network’s integration with BitGo.
- Medha gives an update on the development status of the Casper Network.
- Ed Hastings explains the basics of social consensus on Casper Network.
- Medha shares the plan for the launch of Mainnet.
- Ed speaks on gas optimization on the Casper Network.
- Is there a special wallet app that we can use on BitGo?
- Will Casper be introducing a ‘Gas’ token?
- Is Casper a rival to Ethereum?
- Is there going to be a hard reset in the case of a social consensus?
- Are there going to be incentives for running an archival node?
- Does BitGo have a list of exchanges they work with and can share with the community?
Every week, the Casper association hosts a community call where we give the latest update on the development of the network, discuss future plans, as well as host joint sessions with our partners. Join us every Tuesday at 4PM UTC (9 AM PST) on YouTube.
Sign up for our newsletter!